We have opportunities to join the Watchmaking Team in the following locations: • Glasgow, Edinburgh, Southampton and Cardiff. As a watchmaker, you will provide an efficient, onsite, skilled watch service for our clients. You will also communicate daily with our instore Service Departments and work with shop staff to ensure the best quality for our customers. The main brands that we currently work on are Rolex, Tag Heuer, Omega, Cartier, Longines and Patek. Accreditation courses can be offered to the right candidate.
Responsibilities will include, however are not limited to the following:
- Servicing mechanical and quartz watches of multiple brands to a high standard and to brand specifications.
- Refinishing watches to a high standard using modern techniques and to brand specifications (training can be provided).
- Communicate daily with servicing departments and shops, mainly through e-mail.
- Communicate with suppliers for parts and estimates.
- Work independently within the workshop and keep it tidy and clean.
- Manage your own workflow to deadlines effectively.
- Communicate with watch brands and suppliers to ensure continuity of service.
Skills and experience:
- Applicants must be a graduate of an appropriate watchmaking programme. WOSTEP, BHI or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience within the industry servicing mechanical/automatic movements.
- Proven track record in prestige watch repairs and service in all styles of watches.
- Prestige brand accreditation, such as Rolex, Omega, Cartier, Tag Heuer, Breitling, Patek, is desired.
- Ability to use computer systems to order watch parts and occasionally create estimates and costings for parts and services.
- Excellent attention to detail, creative and use of initiative.
We are an equal opportunities employer who, in return, can offer you – a competitive reward package, training & development opportunities, healthcare, pension, 28 days holiday, childcare vouchers, generous employee discount scheme and a warm welcoming working environment.
Be part of our future, join us.